The new term has begun, and whether you’re a first year student leaving home for the first time, or a seasoned third year – we could all use a little helping hand from time to time.
To help make daily student tasks less of a hassle, we’ve come up with our top tips to make your student life a little bit easier – from money saving apps to tricks for perfect pizza reheating.
Studying Tips for University Students
Revision, exams and dissertations are all part of life as a student, being prepared is the only real way to ensure success in your studies – here are a couple of our top revision tips:
- Manage your time well – cramming doesn’t work for most of us, prepare well in advance and set up a timetable for your studies.
- Don’t miss your lectures – missing lectures can mean missing out on vital parts of your syllabus. If you do have to miss one, make sure you tell your lecturer.
- Organise your study space – Clear space clear mind. Head down to the library if you are becoming too distracted at home.
- Eat well – Whilst a takeaway can be tempting, you’re better off eating slow releasing energy foods such as bananas, berries, nuts and seeds to keep your body and brain fuelled.
Considering pulling an all nighter? Whilst it may seem like a good idea at the time, you’re better off improving your overall revision technique, take a look at our blog post on why you shouldn’t pull an all nighter.
Useful Apps for Students
If you’re a student, chances are you use your phone or tablet multiple times per day, to help you make the most of your smartphone, here’s our top 4 useful apps for students:
Alarmy – Dubbed as one of the most annoying but useful apps on the planet, this is the most popular alarm clock on the app store and forces users to get up by making them shake their phone, solve a math problem or take a picture of an item in their home before turning off.
UNiDAYS – Unidays is the one stop shop for exclusive student deals and discounts, the app is filled with discounts and special offers from popular retailers such as New Look, Apple, Urban Outfitters and ASOS in addition to thousands of other offers on tech, beauty, food, fitness, fashion and more.
Dashlane – Dashlane is a password manager that can be used both as an app and a browser extension. Using advanced encryption, Dashlane will securely store any card numbers, passwords and notes to help keep you organised.
Uber – Whilst taxis can generally be relied upon, having the Uber app is useful should you get stuck without a way home after a lecture or night out. Prices are reasonable and there are always drivers available (though they might not if you happen to be in London in the future!)
Evernote – Evernote takes note keeping to the next level, in addition to regular text notes; you can store pictures, sketches, audio notes, videos, to-do lists and much more. Evernote syncs everything between your phone, tablet and computer to keep you organised.
Cooking Tips for University Students
Cooking is an integral part of university life, and whilst it’s tempting to get a takeaway every night, this will quickly have a drain on your bank balance. Check out our essential tips and hacks for cooking at university:
- Buy one good non-stick frying pan – be sure to clean it after every use.
- Cook with friends – cooking in bulk with your housemates saves on money and washing up.
- Plan your meals ahead!
- Wrap the tops of your banana bunches with cling film to make them last longer.
- Unsure if your eggs are fresh, pop them in a glass of water – if they float, throw them away.
- Invest in a slow cooker.
- Save some money by cutting down on meat and mastering some veggie meals.
- If you do eat out – look for vouchers and money off coupons online.
Student Life Is Easier With Digs
With all the other things you’ll be juggling with at university, your accommodation shouldn’t have to be one of them! At Digs, we make it easy, give one of our expert team a call today on 0117 930 8750 to discuss your requirements.
Alternatively, why not sign up to our property alerts newsletter to see the latest new properties in Bristol based on your criteria.